Take the advanced FrameMaker course and expand your knowledge of FrameMaker. We teach you, among other things, how to use templates in a smart way; this to give your documentation a professional look-and-feel.
Who should attend?
The ADVANCED UNSTRUCTURED FRAMEMAKER training is intended for people who have to be able to design, manage and update FrameMaker books and templates.
You need to have:
- Hands-on experience with or a working knowledge of FrameMaker
- Attended the Unstructured FrameMaker Basics course
The Advanced FrameMaker training course covers the basics of template design. A key component of template design is the information model, for example DITA, because designing a template without an information model is like building a house without any construction drawings and specifications. Moreover, we also make sure that the template “works”: a professionally designed template should look nice, but it should also guide the author in the structure (“guided authoring”).
We also show you examples of how you can use Unstructured FrameMaker for single-sourcing purposes.
- Performing global changes
- Importing formats from another template
- Using numbered lists (paragraph autonumbering)
- Creating new table formats
- Creating, modifying and applying Master Pages
- Using Reference Pages
- Creating variables
- Working with text insets
- Using conditional text
- Using hypertext markers
We can teach the classes at your company (“in-company training”) or at our Flow training center in Ghent, Belgium.
- One laptop* per participant with a (trial) version of the required software installed.
Make sure that your Windows User Account has Administrator privileges or User Account Control (UAC) has been disabled. In class, you may have to change configuration files or install additional software.
Maximum amount of participants
The maximum amount of participants is 8.
- AUTHORING DITA-STRUCTURED CONTENT (XML)