The strict structure of DITA and the easy usability of FrameMaker. We provide you with detailed information on how to combine DITA and FMx in order to generate perfect documentation in all sorts of formats.
What is DITA-FMx?
DITA-FMx is a set of plugins and structure applications that let you create and edit DITA XML files in FrameMaker. DITA-FMx significantly enhances the DITA features of Adobe
FrameMaker and thus enables you to author DITA-structured content in production environments.
DITA-FMx has been developed by Leximation Inc. Please visit the Leximation website for a detailed feature list of DITA-FMx and a FrameMaker DITA feature comparison.
Who should attend?
The DITA-FMX training course is intended for people who wish to use the DITA-FMx set of plug-ins for Adobe FrameMaker to create DITA-structured content.
You need to:
- Be familiar with (structured) FrameMaker
- Have a good understanding of DITA and topic-oriented authoring
A DITA-FMX training course aims to get you up and running with DITA-FMx quickly. We use representative samples of your content and remodel this content into well-structured and valid DITA topics and a ditamap.
An DITA-FMX training course covers the following topics:
- Installing DITA-FMx (and the structured application)
- Setting the DITA options
- Creating new DITA topics of several different infotypes
- Creating new topics from a template
- Creating a ditamap from scratch
- Creating a ditamap from an outline
- Inserting graphics in topics
- Inserting tables in topics
- Using cross-references and recommend using relationship tables
- Working with conrefs
- Working with ditaval (conditional publishing)
- Using “where used” and “search in files”
- Generating output: PDF, HTMLHelp (*.chm), WebHelp…
We can teach the classes at your company (“in-company training”) or at our Flow training center in Ghent, Belgium.
- One laptop* per participant with a (trial) version of the required software installed.
*Make sure that your Windows User Account has Administrator privileges or User Account Control (UAC) has been disabled. In class, you may have to change configuration files or install additional software.
Maximum amount of participants
The maximum number of participants is 8.
- Publish DITA as PDF